- Laguna West St. Beach TakeoverJuly 3rd Beach Day in Laguna Beach
Shoreline Frontrunners of Long Beach is first and foremost a club to promote physical well being through running and walking. We primarily run along the beach path, which was not there when the club was first founded, only a few pieces of it were in place. It was only a few years ago that a separate run/walk path of just over 3 miles long was created next to what is now the bike path. From our weekly running and walking meet-ups, friendships are made and members so members desire to spend more time together. Shoreline Frontrunners offers a variety of events to foster long lasting friendships among our members including:
- Host Long Beach Pride Run
- Participation in other nearby Pride Run events
- Long distance training for half and full marathons
- Hosting the mile 11 water station for the LB Marathon
- Participation in the Gay Games
- Speed training
- Social events
- Annual awards banquet
- Progressive dinner
- Club officer election potluck
- Jingle Bell walk through Naples
- Santa Speedo Run
Other social events have included bowling, riding the canals in Naples, beach bonfire picnics and post run events like Dim Sum after the China Town Firecracker run. A variety of potluck events are offered to honor members who have participated in long distance events throughout the year.
COVID-19 Note: COVID restrictions are lifting and there may be the ability to resume many activities after June 15, 2021. We will begin planning events based on the lifting of restrictions at the May Board meeting on Zoom. We encourage all members to attend as your input is important as we plan running and social related activities.