Running scholarships by Long Beach Frontrunners and Brooks.
The running fellowships are aimed to encourage local young adults to participate in amateur sports, exercise and recreation, pursuit individual running and walking goals, and to participate in races and sports events according to the club’s objectives:
- Promote amateur sports, exercise and recreation.
- encourage and assist in members’ pursuit of individual running/walking goals
- Participate in race/sports events
- Promote camaraderie among LGBTQ+ runners and walkers and the community
The recipients of the scholarships will receive as follows –
- SFRLB membership for two years (value – $40).
- SFRLB running tech shirt (value – $40).
- One covered registration for Long Beach full or half marathon (value – $90-$120) within two years of entering the program.
- One pair of running shoes (based on program final scope, value – approx. $100).
In order to take part of the program and be eligible for the scholarships, participants must:
- The program is open for local (Long Beach and neighboring communities) residents under 30 at the time of joining.
- Applicants must not be active participants in other running or track teams.
- Active participation or affiliation with local LGBTQ+ groups or programs is preferred but not required.
- Participate in club training program, attend training sessions and runs.
- Volunteer in club events (such Pride run, AIDS run, water station, social events etc.)
Participants will receive the above awards progressively along their participation in the program as follows:
- Club membership – upon signing up.
- Club shirt – after 3 months
- LB Marathon fee cover – after 6 months and participation in 10 miles run.
- Running shoes – after 1 year and completion of LB marathon/half.
As funds are limited, all awards and final approvals of recipients are at the sole discretion of the Shoreline Frontrunner of Long Beach board and scholarships committee.
To apply please send a short application letter to email@example.com with the subject: Running Fellowships.
We encourage you to show up to one of our runs and speak to a board member about the program.